Architects: BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group)
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
- Cleanest waste-to-energy power plant in the world
- Power plant with rooftop ski slope
- Located on an industrial waterfront
- 440,000 tons of waste can be converted into clean energy annually
- 150,000 homes are provided with electricity and district heating annually.
- Tallest artificial climbing wall in the world
- Hopefully will help Copenhagen meet its goal of becoming the world’s first carbon-neutral city by 2025
- Green area creates a space for birds, bees and flowers
- Garden absorbs heat/removes harmful air particles/minimises stormwater runoff.
- Ten floors of administrative space
- 600-metre-squared education centre for academic tours, workshops and sustainability conferences.