Name: Hybrid timber office building
Architects: HPP Architekten
Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
- Hybrid timber
- Scheduled for completion in 2021.
- Inspired by the circular economy
- Inspired by the Cradle to Cradle concept – imitating nature’s cycle, when something is not longer needed, it can truly be recycled.
- Developer INTERBODEN
- Shows how individual components can be recycled after use, non-recyclable materials minimized and CO2 emissions reduced.
- The basement, core and ground floor consist of concrete.
- Upper floors are constructed in timber
- Diamond-shaped wooden façade construction
- Facade has structural and shading functions/natural ventilation concept
- Helps the environment through recycling and upcycling
- Building provides car and bike-sharing facilities